A stable, financial solid, diversified financial services and insurance company seeks a Compliance professional for their Registered Investment Advisory (RIA) and Wealth Management division.
This position resides within the Wealth Management division of the firm. The Compliance person will primarily lead a team of three individuals and administer the regulatory compliance programs of the Wealth Management division.
He/she will be involved with the following:
- Administer the Code of Ethics and personal trading program for the RIA. This includes preclearance, blackout periods, quarterly certifications, personal statement reviews, data feed and system maintenance, training for the Field and Field Management, and implementing new regulatory guidance.
- Maintain Form ADV Part2 in compliance with SEC Rule 204-3.
- Manage a team of 3 associates to administer the Wealth Management division regulatory compliance programs and support its business initiatives. Set objectives for the team and provide guidance regarding job functions and projects to achieve operational excellence. Identify process improvements and develop strategies for execution. Develop a collaborative team focused on leadership, process improvements and risk mitigating controls. Handle escalated calls/issues.
- Work closely with Senior Management and other business partners to create consensus and develop policies that align with regulatory requirements and business objectives.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert for the RIA for a variety of the companies departments including Agency, Service, Field Management and broader Field force.
- Develop and maintain the Policies and Procedures Manual (including appropriate policies and procedures for new product initiatives and regulatory requirements).
- Manage the Wealth Management divisions regulatory training materials and track the advisors’ completion of each.
- Oversee the third party biennial audits of the firms independent RIAs (including coordinating the audits and working with the Advisors to ensure recommendations are implemented).
- Assist with the continued development of the RIA’s portion of Agency Standards’ supervisory interview and inspection (SII) form (so that Agency Standards can conduct effective annual audits of Advisors).
- Assist with the social media policy development and review for testimonial violations.
- Conduct quarterly best execution reviews for the Wealth Management divisions platform.
- Coordinate and review the completion of RR’s Initial Adviser Questionnaires upon registering.
- Lead Form ADV Part 2 mailing to 40,000+ clients.
- Act as relationship manager with Sungard PTA, the 3rd party vendor for Code of Ethics monitoring, and manage the ongoing data maintenance and creation of quarterly certifications and questionnaires for Advisors.
- Present or develop Standards training modules for new RIA’s at the Advisory Foundation Program as necessary.
- Lead the annual coordination and renewal process of the insurance coverage for the firm and its executives.
- Perform peer benchmarking through industry connections relative to specific policies as needed. Build business cases for any changes and execute according to plan.
- Draft communications from the Standards team when necessary.
- Maintain the Standards requirements calendar on Agency Portal.
- Assist with ad-hoc departmental projects as needed.
Must be able to decipher various advisory regulations such as the Investment Adviser’s Act of 1940, etc and apply concepts to the business unit by working with Counsel, Corporate Compliance and Senior Agency management.
Must be able to create consensus for the business case for specific policies and procedures across the RIA enterprise (not just Securities Standards).
Also must maintain Form ADV Part2(Firm and Wrap brochures) which includes all disclosures and descriptions for all programs.
Education & Experience
- Series 7 required
- Series 24 prefrred
- Series 66 preferred or must be obtaineed within 6 months
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Bachelors Degree Required
- Experience with compliance, advisory regulatory, Code of Ethics or operational risk experience in Asset/Wealth Management
Please email resumes to Jack Kelly at Jack@ComplianceSearch.com