- Model Risk Governance: Work on enhancing the model risk governance framework and ensuring that all of the elements of governance are in place, up-to-date, fit for purpose and forward-looking in terms of expected regulatory changes.
- Liaising with Model Owners: Play the role of a Model Governance Liaison by assisting the model owners as they develop their model documentation packages to ensure any gaps are remediated before submitting for their review and also assist with remediation of findings.
- Model Standards Policy & Procedures: Responsible for regularly updating, socializing and issuing the HSBC North America’s policy based on any new local regulatory guidance, stakeholders’ feedback or industry developments. Also, ensure compliance of the policy through the regular evaluation of model development standards maintained by each modeling area.
- Regulatory Interaction: Meetings with the regulators (e.g. OCC & FRB) to report on regular updates and progress of the steps executed with regards to any outstanding issues (MRAs/MRIAs) against the bank in the space of Model Risk Management.
- Training: Train and integrate the various stakeholders as part of the Model Risk Governance framework roll-out.
- Minimum of eight years proven and progressive financial services experience or equivalent, including extensive knowledge and hands-on experience related to model risk measurement or management.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in business, mathematics, statistics, industrial engineering, operations research related fields or equivalent experience; Master’s degree preferred for quantitative responsibilities.
- Strong communications, analytical, decision-making, lateral thinking and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of financial risk modeling and analysis, including credit/market risk and economic capital.
Sign Up to Bookmark Jobs, Keep Track of Completed Applications and Receive Recommended Jobs