What you’ll do:
The Vice President, Financial Consultant will proactively grow an affluent wealth management practice and work with clients to determine appropriate solution strategies and service to deepen relationships. Financial Consultants will develop and execute a business plan to generate new clients. The Financial Consultants help the firm grow and are responsible for providing planning based wealth management for clients with more than $250,000 in assets.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Practice consultative planning based wealth management approach to best assess and find appropriate solutions to meet client’s needs.
- Utilize expertise and knowledge of the securities industry and markets to analyze and interpret client’s investment objectives and provide investment advice suited to meet their needs.
- Increase branch/brand awareness by soliciting referrals and leveraging relationships with centers of influence.
- Execute a consistent client relationship management process that delights clients, drives referrals, and retains clients at Schwab for life.
- Engage with clients to inspire a level of trust that increases retention, client promoter scores and positive feedback
- Leverage existing relationship resources (i.e. planning tools, etc.) to deepen and retain client relationships.
- Build relationships with key business partners and connect with others across the firm to drive results and provide the best client experience.
What you have:
Required minimum skills and qualifications are:
- Must have a skill for developing relationships and self-sourcing new to firm clients while maintaining existing relationships
- A minimum of four years’ financial services experience working with retail clients, with proven success in providing advice and consultation, and in managing, developing, and expanding client relationships
- Results driven, highly motivated self-starter who demonstrates a proven track record for client acquisition and closing the business
- Must have strong desire for performance-driven compensation and growing earnings potential
- Must have a strong connection to community, identifying and capitalizing on existing networks and relationships
- Must have prior experience demonstrating self-motivation and entrepreneurial mindset
- Strong verbal communication skills including the ability to make presentations to variousaudiences
- Demonstrated ability to identify crucial events in clients’ lives with the proficiency to leverage this skill to consolidate and retain assets
Education, Licenses, and Designations
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Validand active Series 7 license is required
- Validand active Series 66 (63/65) license is required (may be obtained within a 90 day condition of employment)
- Validand active Life and Health Insurance license is required (may be obtained within a 120 day condition of employment)
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®) certification is preferred
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package.
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts.
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program.
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions.
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships.
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life.