The VP, ERM executes on the Risk Partner strategy, serves as a thought leader for the organization and works closely with ADP’s leadership as it relates to ownership of ADP’s critical risk profile, as well as external auditors and consultants, as needed.
- Sets the strategy for the ERM team.
- Serves as a risk expert and advisor to the business.
- Partners with the business to ensure actions are taken to mitigate identified risks.
- Partners with Corporate Strategy to identify and monitor emerging risks.
- Oversees the ongoing risk assessment process that results in the refresh of the Risk Wheel, top enterprise risks, and critical risk profile.
- Actively manages and evolves the quarterly metrics and risk mitigation follow-up process
- Ensures all ERM governance requirements are satisfied and in line with IIA Standards
- Further aligns the Internal Audit team, as well as the GSO, Corporate Compliance, GMMC and other relevant functions with the company’s risk profile to ensure risks are identified, measured, monitored and reported appropriately.
- Facilitates an interactive discussion with the XCOM regarding ERM results on a periodic basis
- Presents the results of the enterprise risk assessment and ERM results to the Audit Committee periodically.
- Demonstrates the ability to further evolve the ERM program, in particular, utilizing risk metrics and data analytics.
- Plays an integral role in Integrated Assurance partnering with ADP’s other management assurance functions.
- Ensures ERM activities are delivered with quality, efficiently, on-time and within budget
- Establishes and manages the ERM budget and allocates the team resources according to the ERM strategy and plans.
- Proactively develops and empowers direct reports to build skills and move towards their next career step and creates a culture of active career management for ERM associates that also benefits the broader organization.
- Is a thought leader in the profession and participates in industry forums and conferences to help advance ADP’s brand as a market leader.
- Education: BS required, MS or MBA preferred plus professionally recognized certifications. (Certification in Public Accounting, Internal Auditing, or Risk Management)
- 15+ years of risk / Audit experience with proficiency in leading enterprise riskmanagement teams
- Solid understanding of risk management principles coupled with a holistic view of the organization which assists in distilling large amounts of information into key risk points
- Approachable yet firm communication style which allows opposing views to be delivered in context and in a solutions-oriented manner; persuasive and clear in both oral and written presentations; must be able to “speak in Powerpoint”
- Effective interpersonal skills; must be able to relate to and work cross-functionally to achieve objectives and drive change with a wide variety of professionals across different cultures
- Exhibits leadership excellence.
- Highly organized, deliberate and sequential in approach, and attentive to detail and precision
Strong analytical / quantitative skills:
- Keen business acumen coupled with healthy professional skepticism resulting in a trusted advisor and a control authority who can articulate risk/ reward trade-offs
- Ability to be a risk educator including areas where knowledge sharing is possible
- Ability to work with all levels of associates, from process owners to delivering updates to executive leadership and the Board, along with the capability to motivate and influence through active communication and consensus building
- Ability to keep risk concepts simple, understandable and relatable to company and associate objectives and activities
- Effective team player that works with ADP leadership so they can continuously improve enterprise-wide risk management capabilities