Oaktree is seeking an experienced Vice President/Senior Vice President to work within the Strategic Credit Group.
- The VP/SVP will participate in all transaction functions and portfolio management activities.
- Investing in public bonds, syndicated loans and other credit instruments, primarily on the public side;
- Analyzing company financial statements;
- Developing comprehensive investment thesis and memos;
- Presenting investment ideas to portfolio management;
- Monitoring the performance of existing portfolio investments;
- Conducting interviews with industry experts and company management;
- Developing detailed financial models with projections;
- Assessing company capital structures and reviewing related legal documents;
- Analyzing company valuations using various macroeconomic and business specific assumptions;
- Performing qualitative business and industry due diligence;
- Assessing strengths and weaknesses of various businesses; and
- Performing comparable company analyses.
- Ideally, combined experience in a 2-year investment banking program and 6-8 years in a credit-focused hedge fund, distressed debt fund, special situations or similar.
- Demonstrated ability to execute and negotiate deals with the polish/presence to work with senior management.
- Outstanding financial modeling and analytical skills; and
- Demonstrated competency in financial statement analysis, business valuation, accounting and finance.
- The successful candidate will have outstanding initiative and a strong work ethic;
- The candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills; and
- He/She will be team-oriented and must possess strong integrity and professionalism.