Oaktree is looking to hire a capital markets professional to work with the Real Estate Group across its global platform. This individual is expected to allocate time to capital markets transactions on behalf of the Real Estate Opportunities Funds, Income Fund/Accounts, Debt Funds and related separate accounts.
Specifically, as a member of the global deal team, this individual’s responsibilities will include:
- Within the Opportunistic and Income fund/accounts, identifying debt capital providers and leading the process for the investment team to transact with those offering the most attractive financing (either through an Oaktree-led process or through brokers). This individual’s responsibilities will include structuring, documenting and closing all transactions with a focus on consistency and distributing best practices. In addition, this individual’s responsibilities will include working with the investment and asset management teams to identify refinancing opportunities to enhance risk adjusted returns. Initial focus will be on opportunities in the USA and, thereafter, application of best practices across other regions and debt products.
- Within the Debt Funds/accounts, this individual will be responsible for assisting in the process of identifying and structuring investments, and will lead the process of documenting and closing private loans, with an emphasis on consistency and distributing best practices. This individual will also be chartered with syndicating senior debt positions.
- In addition, this individual will be tasked with building and maintaining relationships with senior lender partners for the benefit of all funds/accounts and maintaining a transaction database of private and securities transactions for market intelligence.
- A minimum 7-10 years of syndication and structuring experience;
- Demonstrated competency in all functions described above;
- High proficiency in Excel, underwriting and advanced financial modeling;
- Proven ability to multi-task, understand and grasp new structures and concepts quickly.
- Very organized and excellent time management skills;
- Eagerness to work hard in a team environment;
- Solution oriented with a demonstrated ability to think strategically and add value;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- An aptitude for situational assessment and negotiation.
- Bachelor(s) degree in business, finance or economics from a top university. Real estate concentration or coursework a plus.