The Vice President, Research in the PGIM Institutional Advisory & Solutions (IAS) Group, will be responsible for developing, designing and conducting original research, building models, and performing strategic client analyses. Key findings will be presented in client meetings, conferences, research reports and thought leadership initiatives.
- Develop original research addressing the strategic portfolio management needs of PGIM clients
- Develop innovative approaches to portfolio construction, asset allocation and asset/liability modeling, identifying the distribution characteristics of a broad range of asset classes
- Collaborate on the development of relevant, robust economic and market scenarios to be used for client analyses in addition to long-term capital market assumptions
- Deliver findings and insights via written materials, client-specific and thematic presentations
- Partner with affiliated quant / research resources to share best practices and to capture their best ideas as an input into developing the team’s research & modeling capabilities
- Partner closely with all team members by contributing to the group’s collective knowledge and mentoring the development of junior team members
- Contribute to the positioning of PGIM as a distinctive thought leader in cross-asset solutions, and help build the PGIM brand
- At least 7 years experience as an investment professional, with in-depth knowledge of, and experience in, portfolio modeling
- Highly distinctive quantitative skills, with a deep understanding of advanced statistical methods
- Thorough understanding of economics, financial theory, portfolio theory, liability modeling, and optimization
- An understanding of the challenges faced by sophisticated institutional clients
- A proven record of addressing institutional portfolio management challenges and developing original research; samples will be requested
- A demonstrated ability to publish original ideas in academic and/or trade journals
- Strong academic credentials: graduate degree in economics, finance or related quantitative field strongly preferred. A CFA designation is desirable
- Leadership, Collaboration and Communication Abilities
- Strong interpersonal and partnership skills
- Desire and ability to engage and collaborate with a diverse set of stakeholders
- Effective communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written, for both internal and external purposes
- Talent management mindset; thoughtful about building the knowledge and people resources of the team and the firm
- Highly creative and adaptive thinker
- Self starter; able to set direction and lead organizational efforts without management or oversight
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company’s well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential’s businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.