To succeed in this role you will…
- Automate existing processes through analysis of data sets and development of new technology across departments. Design and implement US and Foreign tax provision automated processes, utilizing existing systems, evaluating new systems or custom building systems. Serve as the Department’s Tax Technologist, with a continuous drive to system and process automation.
- Exhibit excellence and have experience in project management and working across various levels and departments of an organization.
- Demonstrate insightful analysis through planning, research and review of tax filings for management companies and a variety of high net worth related returns.
- Provide tax expertise and research to effectively and quickly address day-to-day issues for management companies (foreign offices and various state issues) as well as issues related to high net worth clients.
- Have 4-7 years of experience in a large public accounting firm, investment fund, or bank/finance company, and CPA, JD, or MS in Taxation.
When you join our team, you will have the opportunity to:
- Learn and grow in an environment of uncapped opportunities.
- Gain exposure to the competitive hedge fund world in which our firm practices with an encouraging team.
About the candidate profile:
The Tax team is looking to add a VP to support ongoing projects. The ideal candidate must have: a highly analytical mindset, a strong work ethic, excellent written and verbal communication abilities, experience in tax technology and automation of processes, and extreme attention to detail. Knowledge of tax accounting (deferred taxes and tax provisions), individual taxation, partnership taxation, tax laws for large international hedge funds, and state and local income tax laws (NY & CT) is preferred.