For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
- Structure, draft, review, analyze and negotiate complex licensing and technology transactions, including data and software licenses, services agreements, consulting and development agreements, outsourcing agreements, market data licenses, financial product licenses, redistribution arrangements, data vendor contracts and confidentiality agreements.
- Provide licensing, technology and intellectual property legal advice and counsel to employees.
- Assist sales teams to negotiate and close deals licensing MSCI’s products and services to clients.
- 7+ years of experience, with a significant amount of that time spent negotiating commercial contracts.
- Experience collaborating with both sales and product teams in the context of commercial negotiations.
- Licensing experience at a leading financial services or financial data/technology company preferred.
- Corporate/transactional law firm experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving, organizational, drafting and communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and clients and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Desire and ability to learn business requirements quickly, analyze legal and business risks and propose creative, business-oriented solutions.
- Ability to build and maintain strong client relationships.
- Juris Doctor degree from a U.S. accredited law school.
- Admission to a State Bar, preferably New York.