The Technology Banking roles are responsible for relationship management of commercial bank clients and delivery of core commercial banking products (i.e. treasury management, FX, investments, etc.) and broader SVB financial services (i.e. private bank, wealth advisory, SVB Analytics, etc.). Core responsibilities include advising on, originating, and negotiating financing solutions for Commercial Bank clients. Leads strategic credit discussions with clients and partners with Credit Solutions colleagues to ensure seamless underwriting and portfolio management. Deeply engages clients to build strategic relationships with key executives and influencers in the ecosystems in which SVB operates. Takes a proactive approach in anticipating client needs and recognizing opportunities to cross sell. Responsible for new business development, expansion of existing relationships, and advancement of the SVB brand in market.
Skills and Requirements:
- Manages a wide range of client relationships. Able to engineer complex and creative solutions to client needs. Interacts with clients, referrals and prospects independently. Engages in the negotiation of financing solutions for SVB clients.
- May independently negotiate warrants. Expertise in developing and closing cross sell opportunities within assigned portfolio. Seeks out referrals thru business activities and relationship development and follows up on referrals for prospective clients, presenting SVB products and services. Proactively identifies cross sell opportunities. Develops and maintains a network in the business community. Represents the Bank in community activities.
- 5+ years of related experience.
- Advanced knowledge of bank operations and products.
- Strong negotiation and marketing skills.
- Good closing skills.
- Expertise in risk assessment and managing deteriorating accounts pro-actively; Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related experience.