The VP, Compliance for MGPS will be the principle compliance officer for McKesson’s global sourcing operations, which include private label generics, over-the-counter (OTC) and medical-surgical products, as well as certain initiatives involving McKesson’s global manufacturer relationships. The VP will also support the McKesson Ireland business solutions organization, and s/he will have a dotted-line reporting relationship into McKesson’s enterprise-wide compliance organization.
The VP, Compliance for MGPS will:
- Promote the business’s culture of compliance and integrity through the development and implementation of policies, communications and training for MGPSL and McKesson Ireland.
- Leverage an in-depth knowledge of U.S. and international regulatory and enforcement practices to establish appropriate governance, risk assessment and risk mitigation programs to prevent compliance failures and enhance business value.
- Provide oversight and monitoring of processes and controls to ensure international regulatory and compliance standards are upheld within the business.
- Partner with the MGPSL and McKesson Ireland business teams, as well as McKesson’s legal and regulatory teams, to help manage compliance-related issues in the UK and Ireland, as well as the US, Canada, China and Malaysia.
- Collaborate with McKesson Europe compliance team on the implementation of new global sourcing projects in the EU.
- Work with McKesson’s Compliance, Regulatory & Ethics group to implement tools and processes needed to maintain an effective compliance program, consistent with McKesson enterprise-wide compliance program objectives.
- Provide strategy and program oversight for the supplier ethics program including social responsibility and human rights monitoring and auditing.
Additional Responsibilities and Duties:
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties. Additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management. When in conflict with the job description, the Staffing Request and Job Posting supersede the job description.
- 10+ years in Compliance and Ethics and/or the practice of law.
- Work experience within the compliance organization of a multi-national pharmaceutical and medical product manufacturing company is highly preferred.
- In depth knowledge of compliance and ethics frameworks and principles, and experience dealing with regulatory and enforcement agencies in the US, Canada, and/or Europe.
- Demonstrated understanding of and ability to navigate international laws and regulations, including the UK Anti-Bribery Act, the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, the UK Modern Slavery Act (Supplier Social Responsibility and Human Rights), and European data protection laws.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a highly matrixed environment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage cross-functional teams.
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills, including the ability to communicate to all organizational levels.
- Advanced project management skills.