The Vice President will be responsible for evaluating equity and equity-related investments in companies alongside private equity investment sponsors (co-investments).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead deal teams tasked with performing thorough financial and business due diligence to determine risk / reward profiles of co-investment opportunities.
- Present investment recommendations to the firm’s Investment Committee
- Manage mid-level and junior investment professionals on the Co-Investment Team
- Source co-investment opportunities from the private equity general partner community.
- Create and assess complex financial models.
- Carry out comparable companies analysis.
- Draft investment memoranda.
- Monitor existing investments by analyzing and reporting on portfolio companies financial results.
NECESSARY QUALIFICATIONS; Education and/or Experience:
- A minimum of 10+ years experience in making direct investments in companies
- Outstanding academic record;
- Significant experience performing complex financial analysis, modeling, and company valuations, including discounted cash flow and comparable company analyses
- Ability to conduct industry research, articulate opinions and write clear and concise memoranda on investment opportunities
- Strong written, oral communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong interest and commitment to private equity investing
- Strong work ethic, professional demeanor and appearance
- Willingness to work 50+ hours / week, occasionally on weekends, and travel 10+% of time
- A team-oriented approach and an ability to interact productively within a diverse environment.