The Balance Sheet team within Group Treasury provides analytical support to the Treasurer, CFO, Board of Directors and other Senior Managers as it relates to managing the overall balance sheet. The Balance Sheet team works extensively with other teams within Treasury, primarily the Liquidity, Capital, Capital Markets, CTI and Legal Vehicle Treasury teams. The team also works closely with a wide range of Citi Finance groups outside of Treasury, including Corporate FP&A, the business finance teams, Corporate Reporting and Investor Relations.
The role will focus specifically on forecasting the various aspects of the balance sheet (including EOP and Average Assets) as it relates to CCAR, Resolution and Recovery and the Operating Plan.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Analyze the forecasts submitted in Ruby by the business finance teams from an overall Citigroup perspective to help senior management make various decisions around balance sheet reductions and/or corporate funding actions
- Participation on the 14-A CCAR submission of the overall Citigroup balance sheet forecast
- Will serve as key contact for the business finance teams with regards to outlooks, daily analytics and the operating plan
- Assist with the preparation of the deck for the monthly balance sheet review with Citi’s CFO
- Bachelors degree in Finance or Accounting or related field preferred
- 5+ years experience in Finance
- Must have strong analytical skills but also the ability to see the big picture
- Strong communication skills are imperative i.e. ability to make complex subjects easily digestible for senior management
- Strong Power Point and Excel skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to interact with all levels of management
- Must be a team player