Compliance has the responsibility for oversight of the consistent implementation of Global policies & practices whilst ensuring regional and country nuances are adopted to take into account local law and regulation.
Key Responsibilities & Duties :
- Provide guidance on proper applications and interpretation of laws and regulations applicable to the sales and marketing activities for the asset management business and advise on regulatory related areas for in-country and out-country cross border activities for Singapore and Southeast Asia businesses.
- Partnership with business to further enhance and strengthen the Asia Cross Border framework. Actively engage and establish Partnership with Controls functions to continually strengthen operation controls to mitigate risks associated with Cross border marketing, foreign travel controls and related processes. Engagement with Global Cross Border Steering Committee / Project Working Groups to adopt a consistent approach in sharing best practices and application of Cross Border Policies and Procedures across Asset Management.
- Support Asset Management Compliance officers in the Region on Cross Border related issues, provide oversight and be actively involved in execution when required.
- Conduct independent monitoring on the use of marketing materials and conduct of cross border activities to ensure compliance with applicable policies, procedures, rules and regulations. Execute and maintain the compliance monitoring program to ensure risks are effectively monitored.
- Advise, review and monitor staff activities with regard to company policies addressing conflict of interest matters (such as personal account trades, gifts and entertainment etc). Advise on outsourcing and privacy matters as required.
- Provide training to staff and new hires on company policies, regulatory requirements etc.
- Keep the Head of Asset Management Compliance, Singapore and Southeast Asia updated of significant issues and provide consultation on a timely basis. Assist the Head of Asset Management Compliance, Singapore and Southeast Asia to establish and maintain effective processes to ensure that there are adequate controls to mitigate compliance and regulatory risks.
- Participate in new product or business initiatives to ensure that they are in compliance with regulatory requirements
- Advise management of relevant global and local policies and procedures and assist management in their implementation.
- Prepare reports and supporting documents for the Management Committee meetings and other committees in Singapore and the Asia Compliance Committee meetings.
- Carry out ad-hoc compliance tasks as required. Perform duties objectively and to support sustainable growth in an independent manner.
- Approximately 6 to 10 years working experience in Compliance, Audit, Risk and Controls
- Experience of cross border policy work would be preferred but other relevant compliance backgrounds will be considered.
- Degree in law, accounting or finance related subject
- Exercises good judgment and ability to think out of the box
- Team-player who likes to share knowledge and ready to learn from others
- Strong attention to details and quality.
- Strong communication, report writing, interpersonal and influencing skills. The candidate should have the ability to establish credibility and strong partnerships with business leaders, control functions and corporate partners.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Fluent in English. Proficient in Mandarin is an advantage.