BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 75 countries, with more than 189,000 employees, including more than 146,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
Management of BP2S liquidity:
- Managing BP2S daily balances for a basket of major currencies through money market deposits and FX swaps.
- Reducing our daily balances, if necessary, through longer maturity trades within our limits.
- Making sure credit lines are sufficient to fund the bank.
- Building a bond portfolio required by liquidity ratios, intraday needs and cash allowance.
- Monitoring and contributing to BP2S liquidity ratios.
- Managing Central Banks Required Reserves for BP2S.
- Calibrating cash consumption limits for BP2S business lines.
Management of interest rate risks:
- Settling the daily BP2S carry rate for all business lines in all major currencies
- Dealing the transformation hedge of rate exposures for the account of ALMT
- Optimizing the overall funding cost and regulatory constraints from yield curve opportunities.
- Providing rate prices along the curve at the request of business lines
- Advising ALMT on rate curve future moves to help optimize the transformation process.
Management of Currency exposure:
Optimizing the hedging process of the centralized currency exposures of BP2S branches.
- Undergraduate degree required
- Understanding of the unsecured money markets (CD’s, CP & TD’s). This should include how they operate, how they settle, how they are priced, and how they trade.
- Good knowledge of balance sheet cash positions and ALMT related liability issues.
- Good understanding of Operations and settlement in secured and unsecured markets.
- Basic understanding of key regulations and bank flows
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- 7 to 10 years’ relevant banking experience
- 3 years’ experience in ALM Treasury