Vice President, Alternative Investments
Kansas City, Missouri
The primary responsibility of this role is to drive and execute strategic business initiatives and support all investment strategies within AC Alternatives. This includes evaluating and monitoring fund investments for both internal and external managers as well as identifying best managers, funds and strategies to meet the evolving needs of our clients. Reporting to the Head of Alternative Investments, the successful candidate will also work closely with internal business partners to identify areas of growth opportunities within alternative investments and oversee risk monitoring for individual hedge fund managers, the underlying strategies and the customized hedge fund of fund portfolios.
- Partner with senior management to identify areas of growth opportunities, create business plans and see it through execution.
- Play a lead role in the evaluation of prospective investment opportunities, including due diligence meetings and preparation of investment recommendations.
- Participate or lead efforts to source, analyze, recommend, structure, negotiate and execute alternative investment strategies.
- Monitor, research and evaluate performance of existing alternative strategies including tracking and maintaining performance and process information and other relevant data. This includes regular portfolio and manager reviews incorporating quantitative and qualitative analysis of existing alternative investments.
- Oversee monthly and quarterly portfolio reviews, client presentations, the preparation of portfolio commentary and data for use in monthly and quarterly reports and other client deliverables.
- Collaborate with internal risk teams to develop and enhance risk analytics and reports for alternative investments.
- Coordinate and facilitate communication on issues related to day-to-day operations between internal operations teams, fund custodian, fund administrator and external managers to ensure timely exchange of information on security valuations, corporate events and other relevant activities.
- Produce thought leadership that help to inform and educate clients on industry trends and investment themes.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in written form with high accuracy.
- Excellent analytical, research and quantitative skills.
- Intermediate to advanced database skills and MS Excel skills (including VBA), Bloomberg, Morningstar Direct, Factset; RiskMetrics and Tableau.
- Highly motivated, intelligent self-starter with the ability to work independently and as a member of the team.
- Strong interpersonal skills with experience interacting with senior management.
- Strong ability to create positive and productive relationships for the business.
- Asset allocation, multi-asset class portfolio analysis and Peer Group Analysis
- Strong attention to detail, follow up and overseeing projects through completion
- 15+ years of experience working within the asset management industry, alternative investments experience is strongly preferred.
- MBA and CFA preferred.
EOE Policy Statement: American Century Investments believes all individuals are entitled to equal employment opportunity and advancement opportunities without regard to race, religious creed, color, sex, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age for individuals forty years of age and older, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local laws. ACI does not discriminate or adopt any policy that discriminates against an individual or any group of individuals on any of these bases.