- Direct responsibility for the accounting and reporting for multiple complex hedge funds with broad exposure to fixed income, credit, derivative, commodity and equity product types.
- Constantly strive to learn more and deal with unique asset classes, fund and investment structures and products to develop solutions to ensure appropriate accounting and controls are in place.
- Monitor and review Administrator’s Net Asset Value calculations including complex management and performance fee calculations.
- Monitor and review Administrator’s partnership allocation accounting as well as share-based and series-level accounting.
- Facilitate the completion of various regulatory and other reporting requirements including Form PF, Transparency Reporting, OPERA and CPO-PQR.
- Perform analytical reviews of financial results for complicated funds and investment structures. Develop and implement robust investor and management performance reporting at the asset, fund and investor level.
- Successfully navigate a large organization and bring together subject matter experts across the firm to implement changes / improvement to existing processes or define new ones.
- Responsible for the fund treasury and limited liquidity management.
- Coordinate and interact with portfolio management team on investment related reporting matters and transactions.
- Manage and oversee the funds administrator through SLAs/KPIs and site visits.
- Responsible for the external audit, regulatory reporting and other reporting requirements of the funds.
- Build and manage fund and investment-level waterfall and performance calculations.
- Lead investor and counterparty operational due diligence meetings.
- Lead the coordination and project management of critical Alternative Funds Finance team projects and initiatives.
- Oversee the funds payment and expenses process to ensure compliance with the fund documents and timely and accurate execution and reporting.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in financial accounting, audit or finance function for an alternative investment manager with exposure to fixed income, credit, derivatives, commodities, equities and/or real estate.
- Ability to implement accounting and reporting for complex legal and tax investment structures that cross multiple jurisdictions.
- Desire to understand transaction process flows and requirements and develop team and systems to solve complexities as they arise.
- Exposure to a broad range of private equity and hedge fund structures (e.g. US, Cayman, Luxembourg, Private Equity, Commercial or Residential Real Estate funds) and product types.
- Experience managing both direct reports and external administrators.
- Broad knowledge of accounting principles including US GAAP and Investment Company Accounting.
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in Accounting or Finance.
- Big 4 background desired, but not required
Sign Up to Bookmark Jobs, Keep Track of Completed Applications and Receive Recommended Jobs