Duties & Responsibilities
Harvard University seeks an experienced business and transactional attorney for the position of University Attorney in the Office of the General Counsel.The University Attorney will be responsible for providing legal counsel on transactional, governance, and privacy matters, including structuring complex business transactions; forming corporations, institutes and centers; advising on non-profit governance and policy issues; negotiating international agreements and advising on the establishment and functioning of research and education operations abroad, with particular attention to foreign tax, intellectual property and data privacy laws; and drafting and negotiating contracts.
- JD with a minimum of ten years’ experience in transactional matters at a top-tier law firm and/or in-house with a substantial organization.
- Strong writing and counseling skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well with a broad range of clients and advise on general corporate and business affairs.
- Experience with foreign operations and in the non-profit sector desirable.
- Willingness to handle a variety of legal matters that may arise at a large research university other than general corporate or business issues.
- Full-time position located in Cambridge, MA.
- The successful candidate will join a premier 17-lawyer office handling a wide range of legal and policy matters for Harvard University.