U.S. Custody Product Manager, AVP/VP (NYC)
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Job Function: Product Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 17056736
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Propositionexplains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
The Investor Services business is among the fastest growing businesses within Securities & Markets at Citi.
The business has a strong need to advance and promote current capabilities to drive new business and market share capture across the full suite of Investor products, with particular emphasis on its award winning Custody franchise platforms. The candidate will be a member of the North America (NAM) Custody team sharing in a common goal to increase operating efficiency and market share across the product set.
U.S. Custody business services clients located in over 20 countries who are investing directly in the U.S. Market. The business currently has almost $4.5 trillion assets under custody representing approximately 30% of total Global Custody ($13 trillion) AUC. U.S. Custody has been the fastest growing business in Global Custody and Funds Services product set for the past 2 years,.
The business is seeking a very experienced professional with 10+ years of experience managing various aspects of Custody services. This is role offers a tremendous career potential for the right candidate capable of setting the stage for and managing future business growth.
The position involves working with the U.S. Securities Country Manager and Global Custody Partners on strategy, positioning and best practice, as well as with numerous internal Citi departments (Risk, Operations, Technology, Sales, Network Management, etc.) to assess client requests and recommend solutions. Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the Custody product strategy by identifying product gaps, designing new products and product enhancements that are in alignment with Citi’s development targets.
- Acting as a subject matter expert with respect to industry and market developments and their impact on the Citi’s Custody platforms.
- Providing regular and timely reporting in to the Citi Management Team as required on project status, issues and ad hoc requests.
Representing Citi at industry forums and events
Primary responsibilities include: target market definition, product management, product development/ enhancement roadmap, pricing and competitive differentiation, as well as partnering with the Client Sales Management, Client Executive, Operations, Implementations and Technology teams to grow the business and deliver an unsurpassed client experience. The position will include all aspects industry advocacy with industry associations.
- Leadership experience in Custody services with a demonstrated track record of building product capability and client solutions across the broad range of product structures.
- Ability to move product initiatives forward in a cross-functional and matrixed organizational model Strong subject matter expertise, communication skills, both verbal and written, and be able to articulate the service offering to senior client management and industry experts.
- Specific experience in all aspects of Custody is mandatory
- Vocal in challenging business as usual operating models and recommending innovative product improvements. Excellent group facilitation skills and an ability to lead design workshops and brainstorming sessions
- Proven experience understanding customized reporting requirements for all constituents that interface Custodians
- Hands on Operations experience in multiple aspects Custody
- Excellent group facilitation skills and an ability to lead design workshops and brainstorming sessions
- Detailed working knowledge of and experience with Custodian operating model and infrastructures (DTCC, FED etc)
- Strong execution orientation with a proven and demonstrated track record of results in the management and transformation of Product capabilities.
- Proven ability to manage, partner and drive complex technology projects with internal technology departments and/or third-party vendors
- Adept client and internal negotiation skills to be used in the delivery of client solutions.
- Acumen with multi-constituent management
- Exceptionally strong people management and leadership skills with a demonstrated track record for both.
- Impeccable industry reputation/recognition for accomplishments in fund administration.
- Strong project management skills
- Impeccable detail orientation and focus on superior quality deliverables with an ability to set deadlines and consistently achieve them.
- 3+ years of progressive experience at a bank/service provider of these services or within an investment management organization
- Undergraduate work in accountancy, finance, quantitative modelling, operations management, technology or related field
- Graduate work a plus
- Chartered Financial Analyst designation is a plus
- Excellent inter-personal skills and ability to thrive in complex, global environment a must.