Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking talented Trial Attorney for our Philadelphia/New Jersey market.
- Handles all aspects of civil litigation files from initial pleadings, through discovery and through trial. Applies advanced knowledge to mitigate litigation and financial risks to USAA members and the enterprise.
- Applies advanced knowledge to mitigate legal, regulatory, compliance and litigation risk to USAA businesses. Engages and collaborates with other legal experts within the company and at times outside counsel. May work with outside counsel or contract professionals to complete assignments.
- Provides solution-oriented legal advice and counsel to internal clients to support business objectives. May assist more senior attorneys in providing advice and counsel on highly complex matters.
- Responsible for analyzing the application of laws and regulations and preparing recommendations and/or documents to support the organization. Applies advanced knowledge regarding relevant business, industry, and area of legal specialty.
- Handles complex negotiations, drafting and document creation, and matter resolution. Ensures escalation of matters presenting more significant risk to more senior attorneys. 5. May assist more senior attorneys with the preparation of defense positions for highly complex litigation.
- Participates in and may lead cross-function initiatives. Serves as a resource to less experienced team members.
- May provide research, factual information, counsel and guidance on legal questions or issues, in support of more senior attorneys.
- Performs all other tasks as assigned.
- JD from an accredited law school
- Admitted to the practice of law in Pennsylvania and New Jersey
- Active member of good standing of the bar in Pennsylvania and New Jersey
- 4+ years experience practicing law within field of personal injury litigation
- *Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Ability to work remotely in a paperless environment
- First chair jury trial experience in personal injury matters
- Ability to handle defense of personal injury matters from inception through trial
- Ability to clearly distill complex legal issues into straightforward concepts for clients
- Demonstrate adaptability
- Analyze issues and make decisions
- Write and speak effectively
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to act independently and manage workload
- Proven relationship management, customer service and collaboration skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools and applicable software.