- Assist with core financial due diligence, helping to identify key risks and potential deal breakers, assess the strengths and weaknesses of the business against industry benchmarks, and assist with the evaluation of the potential transaction in the context of their clients’ investment strategy.
- Analyze detailed financial statement information including income statement, balance sheet, cash flow and key operational data.
- Synthesize and convert the data into meaningful information that is used to drive discussions with target management and drive observations and conclusions.
- Assess the quality of the target company’s reported earnings, net assets and cash flows.
- After an investigative analysis, assist in the preparation of deal-oriented reports and presentations for clients that highlight the key financial, commercial and other findings facing investments and the drivers behind maintainable profits and cash flows.
- Assist the team in further articulating how such findings should be incorporated into the client’s valuation and sale / purchase agreement, and provide other negotiating points.
- Participate in meetings and conference calls with target company management and with client personnel, and will serve as a secondary point of contact for client personnel with respect to day-to-day execution matters.
- Between transactions, assist with building/maintaining client relationships.
- Estimated travel of 4-6 nights per month, generally with one week advance notice.
The successful candidate will:
- Assist TAS Manager on Quality of Earnings and income statement analysis.
- Act as lead on Quality of Net Assets (Balance Sheet) and Working Capital analyses.
- Effectively manage day-to-day client and target company interaction and relationships.
- Develop and propose creative solutions to engagement and transaction risks and effectively manage problem resolution.
- Manage and coach staff for top performance and to meet project deliverables.
- Primarily responsible for the preparation of project databooks.
- Possess appropriate report writing skills in order to write due diligence reports.
- Display the ability to manage and prioritize team responsibilities, and proactively consult with senior members of the team as appropriate.
- Consistently display leadership capabilities.
- Actively recruit, train, and develop staff.
- Assist Managing Directors in sales efforts.
Minimum Qualifications Required :
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred in Accounting, Taxation or related field preferred
- 3 years of experience in public accounting or related field
- 1 year supervisory experience preferred
- CPA candidates preferred
- Ability to manage deadlines, work on multiple assignments and prioritize each assignment as necessary
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
- Proficient use of applicable technology
- Must be able to travel based on client and business needs
- Prior audit or financial analyst experience is necessary
- Prior transaction advisory experience is a plus
- Willingness to travel for site visits and similar
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Sign Up to Bookmark Jobs, Keep Track of Completed Applications and Receive Recommended Jobs