The Trader II will be responsible for executing trades in their respective products to provide liquidity to the markets and/or implement Fannie Mae’s Asset Liability strategy. The traders interact with Wall Street and other investors in the capital markets to implement the Capital Markets business goals of providing liquidity, implementing asset-liability and risk management strategies.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Conduct analysis and execute trades consistent with overall strategy of the desk, ensuring all policies, procedures and limits are properly observed.
- Track market activities; identify, understand and report on potential impact on business/position.
- Actively participate in team discussions offering insights and opinions, represent the desk in internal discussions with key stakeholders.
- Develop and build strong relationships with internal and external customers. Maintain relationships with dealer and bank community through regular dialogues.
- Use internal valuation and risk models to assist with analysis.
- Demonstrate proficiency with market data sources (Bloomberg, Yield book, etc.).
- Contribute to the process of model and technology improvement across various analytic and database tools.
- Participate in testing system enhancements.
- Update desk procedures and look for opportunities to improve processes.
- Bachelor’s degree; degree/major in a quantitative discipline preferred
- Master’s or other advanced degree preferred
4-6 years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Experience in trading interest rate derivatives, hedging of fixed income portfolio, trading MBS and/or debt capital markets preferred.
- Strong quantitative background with knowledge of mortgage and derivatives pricing models and fixed income portfolio analysis.
- Demonstrated ability and initiative to take on ad hoc projects and tasks.
- Strong spreadsheet skills for automation and data analysis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Well organized, be able to work independently as well as a member of the team.
- Highly self-motivated.
- Good attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong relationship management skills to build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced and collaborative team environment.