The advertised post is a Vice Consul and Trade & Investment Officer (Financial & Professional Services), based out of the British Consulate General, Atlanta and reporting to the Head of DIT Southeast US. Working as part of an integrated team that covers the Southeast USA, the Vice Consul will proactively focus on driving transatlantic trade and investment between the UK and the major metro economies of Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama and Puerto Rico, across several key industry sub-sectors. These include: fintech, insurance, asset management and legal / consulting services. The appointee will also manage DIT’s relationships with strategic accounts across these industries and drive regional activity in support of major campaigns e.g. the GREAT Campaign.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Forge strong relationships with business leaders (start-ups through to Fortune 500), the VC / finance community, trade associations, technology incubators / accelerators and interlocutors.
- Provide a comprehensive account management service to key US prospects in the aforementioned sectors looking to set up operations in the UK; and support US companies already active in the UK market to grow their footprint. Successfully build and manage a pipeline of knowledge-driven projects.
- Develop and implement high impact, targeted marketing programs and events in conjunction with stakeholder partners to build DIT brand awareness, promote key messaging relating to the competitiveness of the UK’s financial services industry, and generate leads.
- Assist high growth / innovative UK SMEs and established British businesses to develop US market entry strategies and / or grow US market share.
- Monitor market trends and contribute to US-wide, sector-focused strategic planning.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to deliver high level / VIP visit programs and manage cross-Consulate activities that capitalise on synergies that exist between the Southeast US and the UK, and help advance key UK “campaigns”.
- Represent UKTI and the British Consulate at external functions, including occasional speaking engagements.
- Educated to degree level, with at least 6-8 years sales experience, preferably in a related industry / field.
- Strong client account management experience.
- Experience of utilising a variety of technology platforms for business development and campaign marketing purposes.
- Clear motivation and personal commitment to meeting challenging targets with a demonstrable track record of achievement.
- Excellent research, analysis and report writing skills, particularly the ability to produce high quality outputs.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work in a closely-knit team towards shared goals.
- Strong written and oral communication (including presentation) skills.
- Driving license and ability to undertake air travel, including overnight stays.