We are looking for talented Global Trade Compliance Classification Specialist to support our rapidly growing and evolving businesses. You will support the business by inferring the trade laws and in turn work with colleagues who will classify the products accordingly. The classification should be according to the country specific customs regulations and trade requirements. You will work directly with Amazon Operations, Retail teams, Legal, and a variety of global internal businesses and outside vendors to drive import/export compliance across the supply chain.
Roles and Responsibility:
- Provide accurate ECCN and HTS classifications dossiers to support the classification of products under various HTS and ECCN laws and in turn support internal business units to ensure compliance with Customs regulations and other trade requirements.
- Provide global classification/ruling guidance to programs that will result in duty savings and ultimately benefit the programs.
- Build and enforce the classification processes.
- Work with Amazon’s Global Trade Compliance team to execute strategy, seek automation opportunities and leverage technologies.
- Work with Amazon’s internal technology teams to develop creative and best-in-class trade compliance business processes that can scale up.
- Leverage data to continuously improve Trade Compliance at Amazon
- Job may require work on rotating shifts. Shift timing will be defined based on business need
Key Performance Areas:
- Indirect people Management (knowledge support role, advisory role,)
- Support in Formulation, Implementation, and tracking trade compliance program path
- Management of quality standards of dossier and rule writing process.
- Mentor and guide Quality lead / Process Expert to manage quality, improve process efficiency and minimize variation, conceptualize, design and deliver trainings to the team
- Program manage the team and ensure high standards of trade of classification.
- 3+ years ECCN or Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) experience
- Indirectly managed people or programs for at least 1 year
- Overall work experience of 4-6 years
- Graduate in any stream.
- Strong Analytical ability
- Has demonstrated ability to hire and develop people
- Retail industry experience
- Experience leveraging technology to drive process improvements
- Experience with Lean Six Sigma and other process improvement tools
- Familiarity with SQL
- Common sense, great judgment, and a good sense of humor
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and computer skills
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations
- Ability to turn complex compliance requirements into scalable processes