- Technology is at the heart of our multi-billion dollar business. The Futures Technology team develops low latency, scalable, and resilient solutions which drive global futures sales and trading at Goldman Sachs.
- Our technology team are partnering with the business on a significant re-engineering of our technology stack that facilitates the execution, monitoring, and booking of client futures orders.
Your immediate role as part of the Futures Technology team will be working full lifecycle to help deliver key business functionality, from initial requirements and design through to implementation, testing and support. You will be involved in the design and development for new systems, as well as working with the team to maintain, upgrade or decommission existing ones.
You will find yourself on a global team in an exciting business area, helping to deliver an ambitious re-engineering roadmap, which will bring many opportunities to work alongside the business, as well as learn new technologies as we evolve our stack for the future. There is an opportunity to work on web based UI development for those with skills in this area or with a desire to learn them.
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- The ideal candidate will have strong programming skills with a passion for delivering high quality software, ideally with experience of working with automated testing tools in an agile development environment.
- A solid understanding of financial markets would be advantageous though not essential if the candidate has a strong desire to learn.
Experience / Skills:
- Strong knowledge of Java
- Excellent troubleshooting and communication skills
- Advantageous but not essential
- Knowledge of futures markets and electronic trading
- Messaging – RabbitMQ
- Big Data – Hadoop, HBASE
- Automated testing, build and deployment tools
- Agile development
About GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.