The Tax Manager will ensure all federal and state income tax returns are filed timely and accurately, income taxes are accurately reflected in the financials and all extension calculations and estimated tax calculations and payments are timely filed.
Role responsibilities include:
- Prepare and review federal and state corporate tax returns and partnership (REIT) tax returns
- Prepare quarterly tax provision including FIN48 reserve and valuation allowances
- Review and manage quarterly estimate and extension calculations
- Manage REIT, including quarterly withholding
- Assist with projects including audit assistance, research, tax planning, problem resolution with state agencies and tax projections
The successful candidate should be a respected and proven with a quantifiable track record of success in delivering results within a large complex organization. He/she must have the ability to quickly assess a new environment and develop solutions that support the business strategy, critical objectives, and cultural norms. He/she must be creative with a strategic mindset along with the ability to turn concepts into action. He/she must have strong relationship building and influence skills. The successful candidate will be a change agent who is flexible, resilient, and able to thrive in a dynamic, rapid paced environment. He/she will embody a culture of taking smart risks and innovating to win.
- Minimum of 5-7 years tax experience with some Big 4 public accounting experience preferred
- Knowledge and experience in preparing federal consolidated returns, multistate corporate tax returns – both separate and combined
- Experience in FAS109 and FIN48
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal, good organization skills
- Experience with Hyperion a plus.
Bachelor’s degree – preferably in Accounting, Masters in Tax a plus, CPA preferred