As a summer buy-side research associate at William Blair, you will be viewed as an integral team member among passionate portfolio managers, analysts, and other associates. The application period is from October 5, 2017 to December 15, 2017. Applicants must be available to work the full length of the 10 week program.
- Perform fundamental analysis of a specific industry and/or emerging trend to identify the best-positioned companies in which to invest.
- Conduct interviews of target company personnel (on all levels), competitors, suppliers, industry experts, and Wall Street analysts.
- Perform due diligence and prepare support documentation (i.e., financial models) to support investment ideas.
- Present investment recommendations in a comprehensible and clear manner.
- Participate in other projects as requested.
- Finishing your first year of business school at a top-tier university.
- Personal interest in and experience with equities investing.
- Strong analytical skills and intellectual curiosity.
- Ability to analyze/model financial metrics, business strategies, and valuation parameters.
- Disciplined approach to analysis.
- Strong background in finance and accounting.
- Ability to deliver clear, effective communication and takes responsibility for understanding others.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office; familiarity with FactSet, Baseline/StockVal preferred.