To support the EMD Head expand the EMD transaction portfolio in North America for CIBC core Clients. This will involve:
- Undertaking background transaction research, analyzing volatility and GAP risk, assessing the financial risk profile of the Counterparty and underlying equity collateral, and market based risks associated with the collateral;
- Propose EMD transaction structures including Loan to Value (LTV) terms and other structural protections such as share price, liquidity and volatility Additional Termination Event (ATE) triggers;
- Ability to analyze and price EMD transactions to ensure appropriate risk, balance sheet and capital returns;
- With CIBC Sales teams present EMD transaction proposals to CIBC Clients;
- In association with the Legal Department and External Lawyers, negotiate the documentation for EMD transactions, ensuring robust security protections and that all the LTV, ATE and other risk protections are correctly represented;
- Enforcing or restructuring EMD transactions following default or termination events;
- With the EMD Head, present transaction summaries to the Risk Teams and internal CIBC Committees for approval;
- Undertake collateral exception request analysis in relation to EMD portfolio transactions;
- Maintaining oversight, in association with the EMD Head, of all EMD portfolio transactions, reviewing daily risk, collateral and ATE trigger reports, promptly following up with Counterparties, Collateral Management and Risk Teams as required;
- Work closely with the Equity Derivatives Trading teams in relation to the EMD transaction bookings, hedges and risk management. Become a trading system expert in relation to EMD transaction bookings;
- Follow up with Operations and Settlement relating to the cashflows associated with EMD transactions;
- Liaise with internal and external Custodians in relation to the Pledge collateral held for EMD transactions;
Identifying new EMD transaction opportunities for CIBC from market contacts.
- The role will also involve deputizing for the EMD Head when they are out of the office and assuming responsibility for the EMD portfolio.
- Responsible along with the EMD Head for the risks and target returns associated with the EMD transaction portfolio.
- Providing timely support to Capital Markets Sales Teams associated with EMD transaction opportunities, including transaction assessment and EMD financing structure proposals.
- Ensure close cooperation with other CIBC Capital Markets financing activities across Equity Derivatives, Prime Brokerage, Stock Lending and Fixed Income Repo, to maximize CIBC Client opportunities and cross product capabilities.
The experience required for the role will include:
- Graduate with MBA/financial degree experience including understanding of companies, capital structures, financial accounts and how financial and equity markets work;
- Good team player;
- Attention to detail and proven financial analysis and structuring capability;
- At least five years EMD product experience at a EMD Sector Bank.
- This role operates within a normal office environment with little exposure to adverse working conditions.
- The role will be located in CIBC Capital Markets Offices in New York or Toronto.
- The role will involve travel to other CIBC Offices and meetings with Clients in association with Sales Teams.
Sign Up to Bookmark Jobs, Keep Track of Completed Applications and Receive Recommended Jobs