Leads projects in Business/Function strategy for the Executive Team and other leaders by using thorough knowledge of Strategy Development, Business Development, Strategic Planning and Implementation, Execution, and People & Resource Management.
Strategy Development – 20%
- As a seasoned, experienced professional, contributes to the identification, development, and implementation of business strategies relating to the development of overall business strategy at multiple levels of the organization.
- Contributes to the identification of new opportunities and markets for enterprises and groups.
- Works as a partner to the Executive Team, Enterprise, Business, and Functional Leaders on corporate strategy direction, as well as consultants and other advisors.
Business Development – 10%
- Contributes to the development and monitoring of profitability, productivity, and growth targets. May help to prepare acquisition proposals, recommend financial and nonfinancial strategic objectives and alternatives, and implement and maintain strategic and operational plans. Coordinates business reviews, resource allocations, organization structures, and financial analysis.
- Scans the external environment for business opportunities and may perform financial analysis of acquisition candidates with their team, partnering with FP&A and Corporate Development.
Strategic Planning & Implementation – 50%
- Lead project team that may consist of CSD associate(s), analyst(s) and/or client team members. Organize the project work and play a key role in bringing consensus to decisions in the strategic planning process in conjunction with CSD and Enterprise Leadership.
- Manages across businesses and functions in developing and implementing projects. Work with all parts of the organization to understand or develop customer value propositions that improve profit to them and Cargill.
- Helps to develop and disseminate information on a continuous basis to all pertinent parties concerning the fulfillment of project goals and objectives.
- Works with team to perform qualitative and quantitative data analysis, synthesize results and communicate understandable and actionable recommendations
- Contributes to the development of long-range objectives and strategic plans for corporation or major division by identifying internal and external strategic issues that could affect growth and profitability.
Presentation & Execution – 10%
- May act as a spokesperson on strategy and business development matters with senior internal leaders (examples: Corporate Executive Team) and external parties (example: representatives of third parties engaged in consulting).
- Engages actively in relationships with strategy consulting firms, investment banks, graduate business schools, and other external advisors in his/her scope of work.
People, Resource & Budget Management – 10%
Provides development and coaching to direct & indirect reports to establish a strong foundation of skills, capabilities and experiences in strategy that will serve the organization and employee throughout their career.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Experience and results leading strategy work
- Demonstrated leadership/teaming skills
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities, especially complex, ambiguous problems requiring integrated application of skills (e.g., finance, marketing, strategy, operations)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- International Experience
- Master’s Degree or higher