Our client, a top global alternative investment firm is seeking a Staff Accountant with 0-2 years of experience to join our Investor Accounting team in Dallas. The ideal candidate is an intelligent, self-motivated individual with strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop leadership skills. He or she has a demonstrated track record of educational and professional achievement, including a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting, Business, or Finance from a top-tier university. Those who have demonstrated their technical knowledge by passing the CPA exam or intend to pursue CPA certification are strongly preferred.
The Investor Accounting team is a highly engaged team responsible for the accounting, reporting, and analysis of activity pertaining to investors in the feeder funds of four separate master-feeder structures. This involves actively monitoring the firm’s AUM, investor base, performance, and fees. The team engages with the Controller and CFO and coordinates with investor relations, internal legal counsel, and the external administrator to facilitate accurate investor allocations and to provide effective reporting and analysis both externally and within the firm.
- Assist in performing monthly close of feeder funds including calculation and analysis of detailed investor income allocations, expense accruals, fees, and NAV.
- Perform cash control functions related to investor contributions and withdrawals (reconcile bank accounts, prepare summary information, reconcile/coordinate with fund administrator, reconcile transactions in accounting system).
- Assist in preparation of monthly reporting package including monthly financial statements, analysis of monthly results, and performance calculations.
- Coordinate with fund administrator to facilitate NAV calculation and investor reporting.
- Review monthly partner capital reports and prepare responses to ad hoc investor requests.
- Assist in preparation of regulatory reporting.
Required Job Skills:
The ideal candidate should have an undergraduate and/or graduate degree in Accounting with an impressive GPA (3.5 or higher) as well as a CPA or pursuing CPA certification and 0-2 years of experience. Prior audit experience with a Big 4 accounting firm would be a plus. He or she should possess strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to effectively interact with multiple internal and external groups
- Able to use analytical skills to understand numerical relationships
- Intelligent and quick thinking
- Able to think through and resolve complex issues.
- High sense of responsibility, very detail-oriented, highly organized
- Self-motivated to succeed
- Advanced Excel skills and ability to adapt to new technology
Please send resumes to Jack Kelly – JKelly@ComplianceSearch.com