- CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it – all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day – whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 2,500 employees located around the world, we’re small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we’re looking for more.
- The Sr Software Engineer independently engineers secure, scalable and reliable technology solutions to advance CMEG in the global marketplace and serve risk management needs of customers around the world.
- Demonstrates skill in language proficiency; writes application modules and unit tests with minimal guidance. Designs with guidance and codes independently.
- Uses design tools to frequently share and communicate design ideas on larger systems.
- Exhibits skilled knowledge of database SQL.
- Conducts system-wide testing and some integration testing.
- Identifies potential opportunities for code optimization.
- Provides input for code reviews and helps with environment build deployments, release notes and build notices; reviews code to proactively identify and mitigate potential issues and defects and helps to identify sources of defects as well as troubleshoots various forms of code. Uses patterns frequently, contributing to best practice and process enhancements.
- Given a problem statement, develop Map/Reduce jobs analyzing business messages.
- Summarizes development and supports efforts in clear, concise status updates.
- Through analysis, design and development, automates manual processes.
- Learns quickly and works independently in a dynamic environment.
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Has ability to prioritize and work on several independent tasks.
- Has outstanding troubleshooting capabilities.
- Core Java design and development.
- Unix / Linux experience.
- Scripting (Shell, Python, Perl, etc.) experience.
- Applied knowledge of version control tools such as Git, Subversion, etc.
- Hadoop / Big data experience.
- Map / Reduce familiarity.
- Middleware (Tibco / WebSphere MQ).
- C / C++.
- Familiarity with the need and design of low-latency architecture (software and hardware).
- Experience with the collection, analysis and visual representation of application and system performance metrics.
Sign Up to Bookmark Jobs, Keep Track of Completed Applications and Receive Recommended Jobs