Our client, a major bank is seeking a highly qualified Senior Quantitative Financial Analysts who will contribute to the Corporate Audit Model Risk team’s enterprise-wide coverage of model risk management. The associate will assume the following responsibilities:
Read and understand financial regulatory guidance.
Interview business partners in various lines of business and control functions to understand relevant aspects of model governance, development, validation, and use.
Apply this understanding to the auditing of model governance, model development, model validation, and model use. Produce written evaluations based on these audits.
Periodically lead the teams efforts for selected audits. In addition to producing ones own written work products, this involves directing the efforts of the team and reading, commenting on, and revising team members contributions.
Provide quantitative modeling consultation to other audit teams and engage with business partners in ensuring effective model risk management across the bank.
Enterprise description :
Responsible for independently conducting quantitative analytics and complex modeling projects. Leads efforts in development of new models, analytic processes or system approaches. Creates documentation for all activities and may work with technology staff in design of any system to run models developed. Incumbents possess excellent quantitative/analytic skills and are able to influence strategic direction, as well as develop tactical plans.
- Master’s or Ph.D. in a quantitative discipline such as mathematics, statistics, operations research, physics, or economics.
- Sound organizational, analytical, quantitative, oral, and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well with and communicate with others, from teammates to executives, and to present findings to upper level management and executives.
- Ability to manage multiple work efforts and to quickly change direction as needed.
- Expertise in one of R, SAS, C++, MatLab, Java
Significant quantitative financial experience.
Experience with financial regulatory guidance, audit or compliance
Please email resumes to Jack Kelly – JKelly@ComplianceSearch.com
Please visit our job board and news blog www.ComplianceJobs.com and www.ComplianceX.com