- The successful candidate will be an experienced patent attorney responsible for supporting licensing programs and developing patent portfolios, particularly for laser projection, LCD and DLP technologies, 3D, cinema media servers, and image processing. The position includes a variety of responsibilities such as capturing invention disclosures, performing and managing prosecution, analyzing third-party patents, and conducting due diligence related to potential acquisitions.
- This position will be located in San Francisco and reports to the Sr. Director, Patent Counsel based out of Sunnyvale.
- Align a growing, worldwide patent portfolio with a dynamic business, including the capture and review of invention disclosures and the preparation of recommendations for the invention review committee.
- Manage domestic and foreign outside counsel in the preparation and prosecution of patent applications.
- Draft and prosecute patent applications of particular importance to Dolby’s business.
- Advise on the acquisition, development, and commercialization of third-party technologies and related intellectual property matters.
- Advise on third-party patent claims against products and technologies.
- Support patent licensing and enforcement activities.
- Provide information and training to internal groups as required regarding patent protection procedures and programs.
- Provide such other patent, licensing and intellectual property support as may be assigned.
- 5+ years of experience as a patent attorney in a top-tier law firm, and, preferably some experience working in-house.
- Juris doctor degree.
- Admission to the California State Bar and USPTO.
- In-depth understanding of the key processes in cinema systems, such as laser projectors, optics, and modulation technologies.
- Masters degree in electrical engineering or physics or bachelors degree with equivalent experience, especially in the area of cinema projection technologies.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Self-initiative and ability to work with minimum of direction under pressure.
- Superior organization and project management skills.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications
- Experience in intellectual property licensing and litigation.
- Experience in standard bodies and patent pools.
- Management of worldwide patent strategies.
Sign Up to Bookmark Jobs, Keep Track of Completed Applications and Receive Recommended Jobs