- Bachelor degree in business related field required; MBA and/or CFA preferred
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of investment analysis experience covering the financial sector required (banks, investment banks, insurance companies, asset managers, brokerages, credit card companies, etc); international experience required
- Experience covering global financials with an emphasis on Europe and Asia
- Buy side experience strongly preferred
- Excellent research knowledge, analysis and decision making skills required
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting and financial statement analysis required
- Solid understanding and up- to-date knowledge on the various regulatory changes and issues that could impact the financial services sector
- Advanced computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel, Bloomberg and FactSet required
- Enthusiastically initiate, perform and maintain high-level fundamental analysis of publicly traded international companies to assess suitability of stocks for inclusion in the portfolio. The investment analysis will include financial statement analysis, financial modeling, comparable company analysis as well as assessment of industry and macroeconomic trends.
- Vigorously utilize analysis to formulate investment ideas and clearly articulate it to the portfolio managers for inclusion in the portfolio. This includes generating and diligently communicating value-added buy, sell and hold recommendations on individual securities and other relevant information to the portfolio.
- Independently and diligently seek equity research and remain apprised of company and industry trends. Sources include, but are not limited to, industry publications, public documents, annual reports, trade journals, interviews with management teams, working with sell-side research analysts and reviewing financial statements and earnings transcripts. Channel checks, attendance at industry trade shows, networking with industry competitors, clients and suppliers should be utilized.
- Maintain accurate and timely documentation of all research performed including proper documentation
- Proactively participates in all research meetings
Sign Up to Bookmark Jobs, Keep Track of Completed Applications and Receive Recommended Jobs