The Senior Internal Auditor position is created for experienced IT auditors: auditors who have had experience in information technology, operational and financial auditing in the multi-national manufacturing industry. The position is ideal for someone looking to transition into a role in the IT organization.
Main Areas of Responsibilities
- Assist in development of risk-based audit plan
- Identify financial and operational risks and incorporate into audit scope and audit program
- Consult with manager/director on scope and audit timetable
- Initiate discussions with business unit regarding planning and scope issues
- Update audit program as appropriate
- Communicate scope, timing and audit program to team
- Conduct audits consistent with IIA and department policies; manage timely completion of audit including communication of status to manager
- Identify and document IT exposures, operational/process issues, internal control deficiencies and opportunities for improvement
- If applicable, coordinate fieldwork with Finance Auditors
- Prepare agenda and presentation for the audit closing meeting
- Document audit findings into audit report format as the audit progresses
- Adapt audit program and procedures as observations/new information is uncovered in the field
- Finalize audit fieldwork and audit report consistent with report writing guidelines
- Work to issue audit report in timely manner
- Conduct self-evaluations with team
- A minimum of 3 years Information Technology and/or IT Audit experience in a corporate environment or with a Big 4 firm is required.Proven experience leading and building teams through an audit engagement
- Experience auditing ERP systems such as SAP.
- Experience auditing operating systems (e.g., Windows, Unix), databases (e.g., Oracle, SQL) and network devices (e.g., firewalls, routers, IDS/IPS).
- Experience planning and performing integrated audits.
- Knowledge of general IT processes and controls (e.g., change management, backup and recovery, security administration, computer operations) is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); experience with Teammate is a plus
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Working knowledge of data analysis tools is a plus (ACL, Tableau)
- Comfortable working and learning independently and as part of a team
- Understanding of Sarbanes Oxley implementation practices and issues
- Understanding of audit methodology and use of various audit tools to facilitate the audit process
Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 40% of the time
- Professional certifications such as Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and/or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) are preferred
- B.S. degree required, preferrably in Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Finance/Accounting or Business Administration