Reporting to the Director, Regulatory Compliance Management (RCM), the Senior Compliance Officer will support RCM project initiatives as well as the RCM team’s day-to-day operations for overseeing and supporting the enterprise-wide RCM Framework.
What You’ll be Doing
The mandate of the Senior Compliance Officer, RCM is to:
- Support the Director, RCM with all aspects of the enterprise-wide RCM Framework, including:
- Conducting research and developing recommendations concerning RCM best practices and standards that may be adopted at CIBC;
- Performing analysis on the RCM Library and data to derive insights for opportunities to enhance and strengthen CIBC’s RCM reporting as well as RCM Policy and the methodologies by which it is implemented;
- Designing and developing new or changed RCM processes, guidelines and procedural documents; and
- Overseeing and managing the implementation of improvements to the RCM Program.
- Support the development and communication of consistent compliance methodologies, guidelines and practices for the RCM Program to be used by the Compliance Department and Oversight Functions at CIBC with RCM oversight responsibilities (e.g. Risk Management, Human Resources, Finance, Privacy, etc.). This includes methodologies, guidelines and practices with respect to:
- Identifying new or changed regulatory requirements and assessing their application to CIBC;
- Communicating new or changed regulatory requirements to impacted businesses;
- Developing regulatory group topics for inclusion in the RCM Library;
- Identifying, developing and monitoring key controls meant to mitigate the risk of non-compliance with regulatory requirements;
- Periodically assessing the design and operating effectiveness of key RCM controls;
- Classifying and managing RCM-related deficiencies; and
- The internal reporting of the results of the RCM Program to management.
- Support the Director, RCM in designing, planning and implementing the RCM module in the eGRC platform, centralizing regulatory change identification processes and integrating Oversight Function requirements. This includes, among others:
- Liaising with vendors to establish solution requirements;
- Managing project timelines and deliverables;
- Supporting the project change management process; and
- Supporting the project reporting process.
- Support the Director, RCM in managing the Regulatory Developments Dashboard and associated procedures and processes.
- Liaise with Oversight Functions on regulatory developments and changes and provide support with RCM processes.
- Support the development or review of RCM-related training material, job aids and other communications and, along with the Director, RCM, deliver training to CIBC employees and others.
- Lead or participate as a member in EWC strategic initiatives and projects as assigned by the Director, RCM, Enterprise-wide Compliance
What We’re Looking For
The Senior Compliance Officer, RCM must have:
- Strong knowledge of regulatory compliance management processes for financial institutions including OSFI Guideline E-13;
- Strong understanding of risk and control concepts and methodologies that can be used in a regulatory compliance management context;
- Strong understanding of the CIBC Control Framework and the COSO control framework;
- Good knowledge of the business and regulatory environments applicable to financial institutions;
- Good understanding of Project Management best practices (PMP designation is an asset);
- Advanced experience with Excel and its analytical capabilities. (i.e., pivot tables, macros/VBA, analysis package, etc.)
- Previous working experience in compliance, risk management, legal, audit, or other governance group in the financial services industry;
- Strong relationship management skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong conceptualization, analytical and problem solving skills to develop creative solutions to resolve complex problems;
- Sound judgment;
- A commitment to excellence;
- The ability to work well both independently and within a team setting; and
- The ability to work under pressure, with tight deadlines, and deal with multiple tasks.