The Sr. Analyst, ERM will work closely with other members of the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) team, other Risk Oversight Functions and key Business Unit contacts to effectively execute their role. This role reports directly to the Sr. Director, ERM.
The primary responsibility of the Sr. Analyst, ERM, will be to support the execution of the Operational Risk Management Framework, including the facilitation of Risk & Control Self-Assessments (RCSA) and the aggregation and reporting of Operational Risk. The Sr. Analyst will also liaise with functions across the organization to ensure alignment of risk practices.
- Support the design, build and maintenance of an effective, repeatable RCSA process
- Collaborate with first and second-line stakeholders to implement the RCSA process / framework throughout the organization.
- Support the design and production of regular Operational Risk Reports, and other documentation, based on regulatory guidance and existing and planned
- Enterprise Risk Management practices and processes
- Manage the tracking and monitoring of key risks, control gaps and remediation plans
- Act as an ambassador and advocate for the Risk organization in dealings with internal and external stakeholders
- Prepare analysis and presentation materials for, and actively participate in, reviews with appropriate working groups and governance committees
- Contribute to any other projects or risk related activities as required.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required (Master’s degree desirable) with a minimum of 3-5 years of risk assessment experience and overall 5-7+ years of relevant risk management experience.
- The ideal candidate will have direct experience working in a first or second line risk role within a financial institution, or consulting experience advising financial institutions on the implementation of effective Risk Management programs
- Strong expertise with MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio as well as Adobe. Expertise with Tableau and experience with GRC tools a plus.
- Working knowledge of banking regulations within risk management and bank-capital related disciplines.
- Dedicated team player.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated project management, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to collaborate, negotiate, influence and build consensus across the organization.