For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
As of June 30, 2017, Northern Trust Corporation had:
•$126 billion in banking assets
•$7.4 trillion in assets under custody
•$9.3 trillion in assets under custody/administration
•$1.0 trillion in assets under management
The Speicalist, Project Management office will serve as a key contributor to the newly-formed Execution Services team. S/he will be responsible for analyzing the IT capital portfolio to address business questions that arise as well as developing reporting and metrics to meet senior management needs. Participates in the design, implementation and ongoing execution of processes to oversee the Corporation’s IT capital investments. Serves as liaison to Finance, Audit and GBCRS on behalf of the Execution Authority.
• Strong financial, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Big-picture perspective, balancing ambiguity and detail to reach
thoughtful, objective conclusions
• Resourcefulness to proactively obtain relevant information and
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, global environment
with limited direction
• Highly flexible and organized to successfully juggle multiple,
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Perform financial analyses to support the Execution Services
• Develop and produce meaningful reporting and metrics on an
• Contribute to all aspects of the capital oversight process
• Oversee Execution Authority expenses and partner with the EA
leadership team to make best use of limited financial resources
• Effectively liaise with Finance, Audit and GBCRS to address
questions and/or respond to issues that arise. Maintain the EA business continuity plan.
• Lead special projects as requested to support the strategic
objectives of the organization
• Act as a seasoned, multi-disciplinary professional with
extensive technical and/or business knowledge and functional expertise
• Consistently display a balanced, cross-functional perspective,
liaising with the business as warranted to improve efficiency, effectiveness and productivity.
• 10 plus years in an individual contributor or manager role which included responsibility for significant financial and process analysis.
• Experience with IT preferred.