- Responsible for performing various strategic analysis of key investment alternatives, portfolio trade-offs, and ad hoc analysis to support business decisions. Work closely with E2 Execution Authority to execute on prescribed governance and oversight of IT capital investments.
- Provide support for large scale strategic initiatives, especially those that span the enterprise. Ensure that investments and associated benefits are properly identified, quantified, and monitored in an appropriate manner.
- Ensure sufficient transparency and accountability around investments and returns by working with MRP&A and the BU CFOs.
- Ensure short and long term financial impacts of key investments are understood and properly reflected in the firm’s financial projections.
For IT capital projects:
- Ensure that the financial aspects of capital appropriation request tools (targeted benefits, forecasted costs, discounted cash flow models) are consistently and appropriately leveraged by those that are requesting IT-capital.
- Assist with the review certain Capital Approval Requests. Ensure financial implications are well understood and appropriately contemplated in go forward financial forecasts.
- Participate in the formal review of investments, ensuring clarity of committed financial benefits and expected costs over time.
- Provide analytical support for key procurement deals and negotiations.
- Assist with / conduct analysis of key strategic decisions such as location strategy and real estate options, for example.
- Ensure financial implications are properly framed up and understood by senior management. Provide analysis of alternatives and recommendations.
- Actively participate in annual strategic planning process. Assemble the consolidated financial projections and associated analysis, working closely with the CFO, BUs and Corporate Strategy.
- Establish strong working relationships and open communications with key stakeholders throughout the organization;
- Share knowledge in the form of training, mentoring or coaching others
Required Skills and Competencies
- 10+ years of financial analyses and accounting experience with strong MS Excel financial modeling skills (discounted cash flow and returns analyses, forecasted income statements, depreciation and amortization schedules, etc.);
- Sound knowledge of accounting and financial reporting concepts;
- An ability to successfully plan and execute complex projects;
- Substantial experience with preparing and presenting MS PowerPoint presentations to business management;
- Strong communication and relationship building skills;
- Ability to partner effectively with peers, senior management, and overseas partners;
- Self-starter with an ability to proactively identify issues, assess impacts and identify solutions;
- Highly numerate with strong planning, organizational and problem solving skills with attention to detail;
- Ability to react and respond on a timely basis;
- Ability to adapt and react positively in a changing and dynamic work environment;
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver to tight deadlines; and
- An MBA degree is preferred.
Sign Up to Bookmark Jobs, Keep Track of Completed Applications and Receive Recommended Jobs