The SOX Implementation and Compliance Manager will be responsible for implementing procedures, policies and controls that result in the group being compliant with relevant SOX legislation with by mid-2018. The individual will report to the CFO and will be responsible for leading and implementing the project, together with teams from Finance, Systems and Technology, as well as Talent. The manager will be responsible for ensuring policies, procedures and controls are in place thereafter through structures testing and documentation procedures, as well as developing escalation protocols.
The SOX Implementation and Compliance Manager, working with cross-functional teams from around the business, will be responsible for:
- Project managing and implementing the necessary policies, procedures, and controls at a group level to ensure SOX compliance
- Defining a timeline and resource plan to achieve implementation
- Defining a testing and oversight framework to maintain compliance
- Executing on the plan
The scope will include financial systems, operational systems where these pertain to financial records, talent management practices, and well as general environment control assessments.
- CA(SA) or similar, or undergrad degree in computer science, accounting or finance
- 5 to 10 years prior work experience, with audit experience in a big four audit firm with exposure to US clients a plus
- Experience in implementing SOX in other work environments
- Knowledge of:
- auditing principles
- auditing standards
- IIA standards
- Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements
- Knowledge of Information Systems, including knowledge of IT General Computer/Application Controls and sound understanding of IT platforms, applications, interfaces and related technology.