First Data is a global leader in commerce-enabling technology solutions, serving more than six million business locations and 4,000 financial institutions in 118 countries around the world. Our 23,000 owner-associates are dedicated to helping companies, from start-ups to the world’s largest corporations, conduct commerce every day by securing and processing more than 2,300 transactions per second and $1.9 trillion per year. First Data is committed to staying at the forefront of our industry, and we are innovating a wide range of next-generation commerce technology solutions to help our clients better detect fraud, gain insights into consumer spending patterns and build customer loyalty. There are many exciting opportunities for talented individuals who would like to join our team and play a meaningful role in helping us shape the future of global commerce.
First Data’s Shared Services organization, which includes the Human Resources, Finance, Legal, Marketing, Communications, Finance, Strategy, Compliance, Legal, Security, Sourcing, and Properties functions, supports our mission to drive our clients’ success with industry-leading solutions, consultative advice and service. The Shared Services teams align with our customer-facing teams in a model that drives consistency, yet also provides the flexibility needed to meet unit-specific goals. Our Shared Services employees bring the domain expertise that helps First Data retain and grow our base of owner-associates, drive profitable growth, navigate complex channel partnerships, and build First Data’s brand equity.
Position Description Overview
The positions require the ability to conceptualize and apply advanced knowledge of bank documentation, products and services for the various bank accounts of First Data Corporation and all subsidiaries, totaling approximately 1400+ accounts. The position also involves the review and understanding of basic legal documentation and requirements. Incumbents should be detail oriented and process with a high degree of accuracy.
- Analyzes and assists in recommendations on treasury activities including internal investment activity, external investments, banking relationships, cash management, and investor relations.
- Assists in the development of funding and investment strategies for assets, prepares materials for external security analysts, conducts lease versus buy analyses, monitors cost of capital, etc.
- May be assisted by entry or intermediate level Treasury Analysts.
- Provides training and guidance to less experienced Analysts.
- Open, close and modify bank accounts
- Maintain the account (BAWeb) database
- Set up and maintain bank files online for every account, entity constitutive documents/ resolutions and bank contracts
- File documentation in the appropriate bank account and bank contract files
- Facilitate legal review and/or translation of bank contracts (underlying relationship document, systems, products), POAs and entity registration documents with FDC counsel and outside counsel
- Regular Sarbanes Oxley and Internal audits that includes pulling of samples, testing and review of processes
- Assist External/Internal audit with audit confirmations
- Assist Regulatory Compliance with state audit and licensing requirements
- Provide Bank reference letters and complete ACH Vendor forms for various business units.
Scope of Job
Performs complex assignments with some direct impact to the investment and treasury strategy and activities. Work is broad in nature, usually requiring originality or ingenuity.
- 4 – 6+ years finance and/or treasury experience is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 5 years work experience in the field of Banking, Cash Management, Treasury or Paralegal
- Banking Operations 3-5 years a plus
- Cash Management/Treasury 1-3 years a plus
- Excellent Verbal/Written communication skills
- Problem identification/resolution
- Ability to review legal documents and identify areas for management review
- Must be able to multitask and shift priorities with short notice
- Must be organized and efficient under intense pressure and deadlines
- Must maintain confidentiality of sensitive corporate information and documentation
- INSTITUTIONAL FINANCE
- Financial Analysis
- Fin Forecast & Modeling
- Cash Management
- Cost-Benefit Analysis
- Treasury Management