As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
- Develop strategic recruiting plans for the assigned business groups, based on the business strategy, talent strategy, diversity efforts, and workforce plans.
- Build and maintain key stakeholder relationships throughout the client business groups.
- Partner with business leaders, hiring managers, and HRBPs to forecast recruitment needs.
- Utilize data analytics and knowledge of complex recruitment issues (i.e. labor market supply/demand, workforce trends, competitive intelligence, and Schwab’s employment brand position) to influence and advise business leaders & HRBPs on strategic talent decisions.
- Consult with hiring managers to clearly understand their short and long-term staffing needs and provide insight into the current labor market.
- Assist managers in writing accurate and effective job postings.
- Consult hiring managers to help them make optimal hiring decisions.
- Work with hiring managers to craft competitive offer packages and seek required approvals
- Actively partner with the Sourcing, Talent Attraction Programs and Centralized Admin/Process teams to support business needs.
- Promote Schwab at job fairs, campus recruiting, and community & diversity events as needed.
- Pre-screen potential candidates and provide accurate information about the job opportunity, the organization, and the Schwab culture.
- Deliver a qualified diverse slate of talent for all positions.
- Negotiate job offers with candidates.
- Deliver recruiting process excellence by following internal policies and procedures, accurately tracking &/or reporting metrics, and by being compliant with all federal, state and local employment laws.
- Coach hiring managers and interviewers on effective and legal interviewing practices.
- Compile interview team feedback after each candidate interview.
- Maintain up-to-date candidate records.
- Provide a positive experience for hiring managers and candidates.
- Regularly follow-up with business leaders and hiring managers to ensure that the quality of candidates and service provided meets expectations.
- Stay current on innovative recruiting best practices.
- Mentor teammates by providing insights and guidance on recruiting best practices.
- Minimum of 7 years full cycle recruiting or combined recruiting and HR experience in a corporate environment
- Working knowledge of competency-based interviewing and assessment techniques
- Knowledge of US federal, state and local employment laws
- Strong business acumen of the assigned business area and proficient business acumen in other business areas.
- Highly skilled in best-in-class practices of active sourcing, pipeline management, qualifying candidates, networking, assessing, and job analysis
- Demonstrated experience utilizing project management skills.
- Highly skilled in conducting behavioral and competency based interviews and assessments
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent candidate conversion skills, including excellent marketing & selling of Schwab as an employer of choice, as well as the specific opportunity
- Excellent problem-solving and consulting skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn the business and gain credibility with hiring managers and leaders.
- Ability to translate business plans into recruitment strategies
- Strong aptitude for utilizing social media to network and prospect for talent.
- Ability to proactively recruit top talent by networking and build long term relationships with prospective candidates
- Ability to influence, gain creditability, and build strong relationships with hiring managers and candidates
- Ability to manage and lead multiple initiatives/projects
- Ability to develop and deliver effective presentations
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Ability to manage a workload of 17+ requisitions at a time (dependent upon complexity of positions)