- The position is designed to provide cradle-to-grave analysis and execution for the Energy Finance – Debt Americas Risk Management team.
- As part of the investment team, you will provide credit and structure analysis (underwriting) on proposed and actual Energy Finance debt transactions for SFS Inc. Analysis includes the prospective borrower, loan structure and supporting documentation. Prepare and sensitize cash flow models to accurately assess credit risk. Additionally, you’ll provide credit analysis, reporting and monitoring for a portfolio of up to 15 transactions.
- You will serve as a primary expert within SFS for all matters relating to the energy industry and financings for the industry. Senior Risk Managers must have an extensive knowledge and understanding of the energy sector, project financings, energy industry drivers and issues.
- You will be the primary person in the loan closing process by negotiating documentation on behalf of SFS.
Essential Job Functions:
- Excellent analytical skills and extensive knowledge of Project Finance and the Energy sector, including but not limited to:
- Power Generation
- Power Transmission and Distribution
- Oil and Gas Exploration and Production
- Extensive industry sector expertise with a strong understanding of all key industry risk drivers; including construction, commodity price / volume, technology, operations and maintenance, counterparty, contractual agreements, sponsor/equity, and market risks.
- Excellent ability to understand and interpret highly technical data and information, with the further ability to present the information in a clear, concise and non-technical manner to allow approval authorities to be able to efficiently reach a decision on prospective financing requests.
- Excellent corporate finance background with a thorough understanding of debt capital markets products and structures including debt, mezzanine and equity offerings.
- Gather and evaluate client information, compare to industry benchmarks, analyze third party information, assess risk and recommend commitment levels, financing structures and documentation requirements within standards and following risk management policies;
- Serve as the lead team member responsible for the deal packaging / submittal process, including assuming the role of “lead deal advocate” by completing the Credit Report and other appropriate underwriting documents; providing the first approval/endorsement of the fully underwritten transaction and presenting the case for the transaction to the appropriate lending approval authority;
- Excellent cash flow modeling skills, including the ability to appropriately sensitize models. Strong ability to analyze and interpret cash flow model data.
- Appropriately analyze all projection assumptions and justifications. Conclude if projections are realistic and the ability for the borrower to attain projected results;
- Prepare periodic portfolio reviews (monthly and quarterly) and analyze borrowers’ historical performance against original projections;
- Oversee documentation/contracting and funding/booking processes, including serving as the primary business person representing SFS in negotiating transaction documentation, resolving any open items and ensuring all credit conditions are satisfied prior to funding;
- Assist and mentor junior underwriters with the loan closing process; including providing guidance in negotiating documentation.
- Recommend and execute account management / monitoring strategies; prepare quarterly “trend cards” for assigned portfolio
- Maintain frequent and on-going contact with customer post-closing to monitor / track performance and exposure;
- Act as deal advocate and accountable party throughout the life of the transaction;
- Maintain relationships with agents on third party agented transactions;
- Provide accurate and timely input into various databases (CBase, LoanIQ, etc) and credit logs/reports.
Qualifications (include education):
- Minimum 6 years underwriting and portfolio management experience, including a minimum 3+ years of experience in energy industry and project finance underwriting and credit analysis, portfolio management and portfolio oversight;
- Minimum 4-year college degree with a focus on Finance or Business Administration or Accounting. MBA preferred (or sufficient additional industry experience);
- Completed formal bank credit training program;
- Demonstrate a comprehensive overall knowledge of credit, audit and portfolio management as well as a general understanding of new business development and loan administration;
- Excellent understanding of energy industry drivers and issues;
- Must be detail-oriented and possess strong organizational skills;
Sign Up to Bookmark Jobs, Keep Track of Completed Applications and Receive Recommended Jobs