Strong Candidate Development & Recruitment
- Manage and set expectations consistently and develop credibility.
- Conduct upfront diagnostic with the hiring manager to understand talent need and develop a search and recruitment strategy.
- Analyze the role requirements to determine the appropriate knowledge, skills and capabilities required to do the job using the defined tools and assess the fit of current candidates in the candidate database and through established personal networks.
- Develop a search plan, position specifications and project timelines.
- Leverage all recruiting sources, recruitment programs and the in-house candidate database to identify and recruit qualified candidates.
- Develop and communicate a compelling Employee Value Proposition to potential candidates for every recruiting assignment that clearly identifies the Bank’s need, requirements and benefits to the candidates.
- Interview and assess candidates to determine the fit of the candidate to BMO Capital Markets overall and to the knowledge, skills and capabilities required to do the specific job.
- Prepare a short-list of candidates for the business to interview for the recruiting assignment, providing a rationale to the hiring manager.
- Lead the job offer proposal process, in partnership with the hiring manager and the Human Resources Business Partner, sharing knowledge of the market conditions for the specific role and the personal requirements of the candidate.
- Coach and provide support for the hiring manager in the job offer negotiation process to help ensure a positive outcome.
- Support a talent mindset in senior business leaders and hiring managers through the ongoing discussions of talent and potential of candidates.
- Meet all requirements for the recruitment process to ensure that the desired customer experience is delivered to the candidate.
Minimum 5 years’ track record of building and deploying recruiting initiatives across the Capital Markets, Investment Banking or the financial services industry.
Bachelor Degree preferred.
A high level of curiosity, comfort with ambiguity and willingness to challenge the status quo.
Action and execution oriented, with ability to bring an idea from plan to reality.
Entrepreneurial spirit, comfortable working in a fast paced environment.
In-depth knowledge of recruitment processes and best practices, to be seen as the recruitment SME (Subject Matter Expert).
Demonstrated ability to respond strategically in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
Usage of CRM tools (Ascendify) and candidate management technologies/ ATS (Taleo).
Willing to Travel 20% (NYC/Toronto).
Sign Up to Bookmark Jobs, Keep Track of Completed Applications and Receive Recommended Jobs