The Service Delivery – Inquiry Response Team Tax Senior Specialist will be responsible for the deliverables associated with all aspects of responding to and managing client inquiries. Candidate must have a working knowledge of US tax reporting, including 1099 and 1042S. Knowledge of FATCA, Income Reclassification and Wall Street Concepts interface preferred. Ability to work independently to respond to all client inquiries on a daily basis including the most complex and escalated issues.
- Respond via email, phone and internal inquiry system to all complex and escalated client tax related inquiries on a daily basis, displaying ownership over each resolution provided.
- Develop department culture focused on client service excellence and superior product offerings.
- Support analysis of tax related events to identify complexities, operational complications and confirm client elections for tax treatments have been processed in accordance with BBH’s standards of operational excellence.
- Review client feedback, RFPs and inquiries for trends. Utilize this information to determine gaps, provide metrics, train clients and propose solutions.
- Develop and review metrics according to client’s expectations. Assist in process improvements, development of new products and workflows to meet these key performance indicators.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of BBH Departments/LOBs, systems, and services in order to highlight relevance of CA products to clients.
- Demonstrate product expertise to clients by holding webinars, client presentations and contributing to industry symposiums.
- Introduce and familiarize clients to the BBH Product Suite, new technology and automation tools.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of industry initiatives to help anticipate future client requests and provide client solutions.
- Working knowledge of year-end reporting including 1099 and 1042s processing in order to respond to client questions.
- Ability to research income payments and corporate actions to ensure proper taxation
- Understand regulatory requirements related to cost basis, FATCA, and other IRS reporting requirements.
- Assisting management in the implementation of policies, procedures and controls
- Ensuring adherence to all established policies, procedures and controls
- Communicating professionally and constructively to effectively resolve issues in order to minimize risk and exposure
- BS/BA degree or equivalent job experience
- 3 – 4 years of industry experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate professionally with others
- An aptitude for analytical and problem resolution
- Self Starter, proactive, and objective oriented
- Results oriented