|Our client is hiring a Senior IT Auditor. The successful candidate will execute IT and integrated audits of business units, products, activities, and functions. Be actively engaged in the audit process from planning to the issuance of the audit report.
- Conduct preliminary surveys of audit areas to define scope and analyze risk
- Draft planning memos and engagement letters
- Prepare opening and closing meeting presentations
- Draft audit programs ensuring complete coverage and analysis of assigned areas
- Execute audit testing and document workpapers in accordance with departmental guidelines
- Draft audit reports and review findings with IAD management and the client
- Develop knowledge in a critical subject matter area and/or knowledge of key business processes
- Ensure that issues or problems are addressed and communicated appropriately in a timely manner
- Communicate testing results to the project manager, process owner and management
- Draft observations and recommendations to resolve or prevent errors and enhance controls within the audited entity.
- Perform special reviews and other related duties as assigned.
- Provide timely status reports to the project manager and Director.
- Develop value-added relationships with process owners and business unit management.
- Utilize data analytics in performing audit services.
- 4+ years experience, preferable in Big 4 Public or National Accounting firm, or comparable business experience.
Preference will be given to candidates who have the following:
- CISA or similar designation preferred.
- Moderate out of town and local travel, estimated at 35% per year.
- Ability to work independently and proactively to execute critical tasks, including participation in the planning, execution, administration, reporting and review of all phases of IT and integrated audits, business risk identification, audit program development and execution, audit observation discussion and development, and interaction with key management associates.
- Demonstrate leadership characteristics (i.e., diplomacy, decisiveness, assertiveness, cooperativeness).
- Rapidly assimilate and apply new knowledge in areas such as: general business, transaction processing industry, financial accounting, business writing and presentations, business risk and mitigation techniques, and ADP businesses and practices.
- Advanced ability in analyzing risk and designing efficient control practices to minimize risk.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Facilitate teamwork by contributing to team efforts, sharing responsibility for team results and exhibiting a positive attitude.
- Data analytics experience preferred.
- Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities, compare data from different sources to draw conclusions.
- Effectively identify and explain root causes.
- Use effective and efficient approaches for choosing a course of action; take action that is consistent with available facts.
- Clearly convey information and ideas in a manner that helps the target audience to understand and retain information.
- All written narratives are presented in a logical, clear and grammatically correct manner.
- Employ active listening and respond effectively to directions.
- Support departmental goals by prioritizing work effectively and efficiently. Utilize resources to facilitate the timely and efficient completion of audits.
- Ability to either effectively lead an audit or work as a key contributor in an effort to accomplish the objectives for an area that is not your expertise.
- Adjust quickly and effectively to work with new processes, people and cultures.
- Actively volunteer for and participate in audits/projects and proactively contribute suggestions and solutions to resolve issues.
- In doing this, the associate should keep an open mind about the ideas and suggestions of fellow associates and adhere to the needs and goals of the team.
Please email resumes to Jack Kelly – JKelly@ComplianceSearch.com