- As part of the Marketing team, the incumbent will report to the Head of Investment Marketing, North American Asset Management, and will work collaboratively with investment professionals, marketers and other senior stakeholders in Canada and the US.
- The Senior Investment Writer will be adept at storytelling and leveraging data and research to generate ideas and create compelling content. This is an opportunity for an outstanding candidate who has a strong interest in developing engaging and impactful investment communications to make a significant contribution to the marketing team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interact with Portfolio Managers, Directors of Research & Strategy and other investment professionals, at both Foresters Investment Management Company, Inc. in the US and Foresters Asset Management in Canada, to extract insights and develop commentaries, white papers and other thought leadership pieces
- Work with business partners in distribution units serving different retail, intermediary and institutional clients to understand business strategies and priorities
- Help drive the content strategy of North American Asset Management (strategic business unit) via the development and execution of a strategic editorial calendar to support business and marketing priorities
- Turn commentaries and other content intended for institutional audiences, into compelling copy for the mass market
- Write, edit and fact-check content which includes thought leadership pieces, core marketing collateral and promotional and value-add pieces
- Ensure consistency in the company’s voice, key messages and editorial style across channels and medium, including consistent positioning of the firm’s views and investment management
- Create investment-related web content and develop content for video, social media and PR opportunities
Contribute to developing content for fund launches and marketing campaigns
- Collaborate closely with Senior Channel Marketing Managers to develop effective communications suited to channel audiences
- Edit and proof external communication materials to ensure content has a clear message and consistent tone and style
- Keep up to date with developments in financial markets and maintain a deep understanding of investment communications developed by our competitors
- Good understanding of the regulatory environment for financial products in the U.S.
- University degree or equivalent work experience; having a CFA, CFP, or MBA in Finance would be beneficial but not mandatory
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND REQUIREMENTS:
- 10 or more years of marketing writing experience in the financial services field
- Excellent knowledge of global financial markets, investment/financial concepts and the economy; excellent analytical skills; knowledge of Canadian asset management business (retail, intermediary, and institutional) would be beneficial
- Superb writing and editing abilities, and excellent interviewing skills
- Demonstrate ability to capture complex ideas and write clear, concise and engaging narrative and story-telling across different media including print, digital and video
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- A self-starter with loads of creativity, team spirit, versatility and persistence
- The individual will have strong attention to detail, highly organized and strong project management skills
- Ability to juggle multiple assignments and turn projects around quickly
- Excellent organizational and representational skills
- Should be able to work independently or as part of a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint as well as third-party data sites such as Bloomberg, Morningstar
- Ability to partner with portfolio managers and executives; comfortable talking with SMEs about investments, portfolio construction, retirement plans, and the regulatory environment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: (Office, production, warehouse, etc.)
Sign Up to Bookmark Jobs, Keep Track of Completed Applications and Receive Recommended Jobs