- Database management
- Organizing and ensuring that manager files are up to date and complete.
- Contact management: new entries and existing entries need to be maintained
- Due diligence
- All necessary documentation (audits, partnership agreements, return history, portfolio statistics, reference lists, background checks) need to be collected and saved to the database
- Will oftentimes be assigned to lead due diligence of hedge funds.
- May at times assist directors in analyzing materials and information provided by hedge fund
- Will be active in having conference calls and in-person meetings with hedge funds
- Will oftentimes write original draft of Profiles that are ultimately presented to the Investment Committee
- Is responsible for a specific list of hedge funds to maintain regular communications with
- Shall provide qualitative and quantitative reviews based on monitoring calendar
- Shall provide written correspondence (Updates) to clients on hedge funds that they are invested in
- May have clients assigned to them
- Will work independently and/or with a director in providing consulting advice to clients on their hedge fund portfolios
- Describe specific hedge funds: strategy, organization, backgrounds
- Build portfolios: work with senior consultants, consultants and clients in constructing a portfolio of hedge funds
- Will sit in on prospect meetings to provide an overview of the hedge fund team and its processes and procedures
- Masters degree in investments-related field of study or five years of relevant work experience
- Understanding of finance, in particular, Modern Portfolio Theory and working knowledge of common types of securities (equities, debt, structured products) preferred
- Minimum of five years of professional experience
- Must have a keen interest in investment management and portfolio management
- Prior experience in investments or finance related fields preferred
- Must have excellent communications skills
- Ability to verbally communicate effectively with clients and consultants
- Ability to write detailed research reports
- Must be willing to travel extensively
We’re here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the center of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmoharriscareers.com.
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer for all, inclusive of Minorities, Women, Veterans, and Persons with Disabilities.
Analytics & Reporting
BMO Wealth Management-X005000