We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Senior Financial Crime Compliance Manager, Commercial Banking.
- Requires strong partnership with the local country commercial banking business financial crime compliance team acting in concert with them to drive the implementation of policy arising out of Global Standards Committee as it applies to Commercial Banking.
- It will monitor and track the local progress of various work streams and initiatives underway which fall under the umbrella of Financial Crime Compliance and Global Standards, provide advice on policy, dispensation requests, approvals, outcome of Transaction monitoring issues related to Commercial Banking products, services and clients, and ensure that the Financial Crime Compliance function is resourced adequately to address the risks associated with the business within the Country.
- Ensure proactive approach is taken to identification of financial crime risk within the client portfolio and potential impacts on the ban
- Ensure proactive approach is taken to identification of financial crime risk change and potential impacts on Commercial Banking Business Model in Country
- Development and continuous review for appropriateness of control framework to monitor financial crime developments impacting on Commercial Banking in Hong Kong
- Drive the local implementation plans to quantify impacts and implement actions to address, manage and mitigate impacts of regulatory changes on Global Commercial Banking.
- Develop and implement as required anti money laundering, counter proliferation, anti bribery and anticorruption and sanctions policies and systems that ensure that the business’ exposure to financial crime and reputational risks is managed, in a practical and effective manner, including efficient and reasonable deployment of resources and an understanding of the business operations and needs.
- Establish and implement global standards and strategic policies in Hong Kong to ensure Commercial Banking’s exposure to current risks and emerging arising risk is managed appropriately, in a commercially focused and practical manner
- Works closely with relevant Global Financial Intelligence Unit and Business Financial Intelligence Units to manage Risk and Compliance matters
- Reviews and assists in the effective deployment of the Financial Crime Compliance Assurance function in the Country
- Successfully complete Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions training and post-course assessment, as required
- Extensive Anti money laundering experience, particularly related to commercial banking.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with experience of dealing with executives at all levels including the capacity to articulate the case for risk management and policy.
- Ability to develop practical, cost effective solutions to complex issues.
- Significant experience in Risk and Operations Management together with business management, preferably from a frontline role in Commercial Banking.
- Experience of dealing with regulatory matters and confident interaction with Regulators.
- Experience of interpreting and analysing a large volume of information and data and provide succinct summary for management.
- Experience of working within a matrixed environment preferred
- Demonstrate ability to lead change, contributing to joining up with the other teams in Risk and Business