As an experienced professional, performs research and analysis searching for indications of advanced threat actors existing on the network. Works with the Cyber Security Research and Development team to operationalize new and innovative techniques of discovering advanced threat actors. Works with Cyber Security Operations to ensure there are good data sources to enrich hunting capabilities. Communicates effectively both vertically and laterally.
- Must have strong information security analytical skills
- Must understand typical threat actor profiles, the typical indicators associated with those profiles, and be able to synthesize the two to develop innovative techniques to detect threat actor activity
- Must demonstrate knowledge of tactics, techniques, and procedures associated with malicious insider activity, organized crime/fraud groups and both state and non-state sponsored threat actors.
- Must be able to critically examine an organization and system through the perspective of a threat actor and articulate risk in clear, precise terms.
- Must have solid DFIR background
- Must be able to both work independently as well as effectively work in teams with individuals with a variety of skills and backgrounds
Must have people management skills
- Ability to effectively code in a scripting language (Python, Perl, etc.)
- Experience setting up infrastructure to support Hunt Team operations
- Previous experience working in the financial industry
Enterprise role overview:
Directs multiple / major technology teams within Information Security that research, engineer, develop, implement, communicate, monitor, and maintain the information security (authentication, perimeter security, security & compliance tools, etc), & directory technology systems (software & hardware) and security policies / procedures. Utilizes in-depth technical / project knowledge and business requirements to design / direct secure solutions to meet customer / client needs while protecting the Bank’s assets. Serves as organization spokesperson with other technology or business groups. Exercises independent judgment in directing staff to achieve results. Works independently with directions / goals from the Information Security Technology Executive. Typically 7-10 years of experience, including people management responsibility.
Please feel to email resumes to Jack Kelly at Jack@ComplianceSearch.com